Skip to main content

Project Beta

Game Rules

1. Game assets load in with unity’s pre-loader.
2. Main menu appears.
3. Player clicks the play button to start.
4. Timer starts and player spawns on the map with 100 health, 12 ammo bullets and a gun.
5. Player encounters enemies running at him/her, so he shoots them with the gun.
6. Enemies begin to hit the player as the player is running away and takes 15 health points from the player.
7. Player is running around dodging the enemies from hitting him/her as well as shooting them.
8. Player runs out of ammo and must run to find an ammo box.
9. Player finds an ammo box, so he/she gets 12 bullets(ammo) and begins shooting and killing enemies again and trying to dodge the hits from them.
10. Player sees his/her health is running low so goes running around looking for a health box
11. Player finds a health box, so he/she gets 50 extra health and begins shooting and killing enemies again and trying to dodge the hits from them.
12. Player hits into a trap so he/she loses 20 health points
13. Player continues to kill and get hit by enemies as well as collect ammo and health boxes.
14. Player runs out of health points and dies so text will appear screen saying, ““You Lost, Unlucky!”, then the main menu will appear.
15. Player kills all the enemies, so text will appear screen saying, “You Won, Congratulations!”, as well as the amount of time it took the player to win. Then the main menu will appear.

The main menu screen that will be displayed at the start and at the end of the game. The menu main has nice blue background and has a simple tile that says, “Zombie Shooter” and then under that it has a play button that the player clicks to begin the game. When the game has started then the player will see the game and the canvas. During the game the player will be able to see many things on the screen, you will see the players health and ammo up on the top left hand side of the of the screen, the timer will be displayed in the top middle of the screen and the amount of enemies left will be displayed at the top right hand side of the screen. Then at the end of the game if the player wins or dies they will be see text around the bottom middle of the screen as I mention above in the introduction.

I used multiple textures like MuddyRockAlbedo, GrassHillAlbedo and GrassRockyAlbedo. Then for the tress I used Conifer Desktop and Broadleaf Desktop prefabs.


I Followed a Tutorial on Udemy which had everything I needed.

 Udemy

Making the Character Model

I used Mixamo to bring in my character that i made from adobe fuse to add movements to. I just added a running movement.
I Found a tutorial on youtube showing me how to make the timer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVZudrLh5EA

I then had to get the gun to shoot so I created two scripts to do this called player and bullet. I also had to create a bullet object in my GameController and add the bullet prefab that I got from the unity store. Then I had to add a collider and a trigger with the bullet, so it knows when I collides with something.

Next, I made a pool of objects or the term know as object pooling, so that every time I need to spawn a bullet instead of instantiating it, I’m going to get a bullet from the pool of objects. This was to save a lot of processing and memory power. I created an empty pooling manager object and made a script for it.


After that I had to give the player a certain amount of ammo so that the game wouldn’t be to easy. In the players script is where I implanted this.
I had to do the same for giving the player some health.
I made the enemy zombie that chases you and hits you. I had to create an empty object in my GameContainer to add the enemies. First, I created the zombie in Adobe Fuse, I put him together bit by bit and add clothing to him. Then once I created the model I send it to Mixamo and from there I was able to add an animation to the model. Then I exported it as an FBX file for unity. From there I dragged it model into my scene and created a script called shootingEnemy. Even though the enemies don’t shoot I originally had them shooting and I then got them chasing the player when they are in shooting distance to the player. Once I had the enemies chasing the player and dealing damage to the player I decided to add the animation to them. I did this by creating an animation controller, put the animation into the controller and put it on a loop. Then added the animation controller to the enemy.


Problems that I encountered:
One of my problems I encountered was when I created the terrain at the beginning I put a navigation mesh on it, so the player and enemies could only go a within a certain parameter. But then when I decided to make my terrain bigger I forgot to re-bake my navigation mesh so for ages I couldn’t figure out why when I got to a certain point on the terrain the player would teleport back to some other point on the terrain. So, I fixed the problem by clicking on my object called terrain then going over to the navigation bar and from there you I clicked the bake option and that fixed it for me.


My second problem that I could remember was to do with my timer, I had timer working fine but when the player completed the game I wanted to display how long it took them to do it. So, in my gameController script I was trying to implement it but it wouldn’t work for me as I thought I was doing it right by putting in timer.text but then it was saying "You Won Congradulations! Timer". So, in the end I got help and was told I have to do it like timer.text.text and it worked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me

Well....my name is Chloe Traynor, I am from Wicklow and live up in the mountains in the middle of no where. I did a 2 year multimedia plc course in Blackrock to get into the second year of this course. I've been into computers since I was very young as one of my older brothers was a techy guy and showed me the ways.  I went on a J1 to the USA for the summer with 2 of my friends and it was the best experience of my life so far. you meet so many new people not just from America but from all over the world like Bulgaria, Thailand, Taiwan and Australia. We worked in South Carolina for 2 and a half months working in a restuarant where every one was super friendly and loved us just cause we were Irish. we then went travelling all along the east coast of America to Washington DC, Philadelphia and finishing off in New York. we seen everything there was to see in each of the states and by the end in New York we tried not to blow all our money so we just lived off of the euro saver menu in

Game Vision Statement

Introduction The Extreme Wilderness is a first person shooter game for PC that you are in a 3D open world and must survive the danger's. Description It start's off with you wake up in the wilderness with nothing so must venture your way around the map to collect different item's such as wood, a gun, ammo, health packs etc. with some of these item's you can kill the dangerous animal's before they kill you. With wood you can make a small little base to keep safe, or to even build a path way up onto a mountain. If you find a health pack it will restore all of your health if you have taken damage from something. Your health bar will be visible on the screen as well as the amount of ammo you have. The longer the game goes on the harder it will be to survive as the danger's become more frequent. You will be able to find different weapons across the map. There will be thing's such as a building that will be guarded by security and will try to kill you if yo

First Playable

I downloaded a assets pack from the asset store called 'citizen of the forest'. I thought this pack would be handy so as I could add some buildings with detail like for instance to add different set's of furniture. I was thinking maybe I could add into my game where the player can take a nap in the bed to gain health back. I then downloaded some asset's from Jimmy Vegas's site. I used his package with the tree's and grass. I Decided to go with this as I've used these asset's before so I know they work good. I Downloaded a gun from the asset store and attached it to the FPS controller by watching a Jimmy Vegas tutorial on YouTube. His tutorial show's how to attach an axe to a player so I'm going to have to find one where it shows me how to make a gun shoot. I have been making my game between two different computer's which have different version's of unity and i keep getting error's here and there which is very annoyi